Thursday, July 7, 2011

Travel is . . .

. . . Seeing what other people choose to do

I know it is the height of the summer vacation season and among my friends and acquaintances cruising remains a popular choice.

One friend recently returned to Florida from a New York visit complete with Broadway shows and topped by a five-day cruise to Canada on Carnival Glory. Another friend is making the exact same plans for Labor Day weekend.

Some are planning more elaborate cruises, flying to Rome and discovering the Eastern Med, while still others are heading to Spain and Portugal. One friend is on a hiking tour of Northern Spain as I write this.

Many locals head to the hills of North Carolina for all or most of the summer and quite a few opt for across-state visits to West Coast Florida beach vacations.

And since South Florida is the gateway to the Caribbean, others choose beach-y vacations. Right now the Dominican Republic is popular.

Me? I'm home for a while, I have a couple of short trips lined up for later this month and then New York in August, but I have a cruise planned for November and that remains my favorite form of travel.

Bon voyage.

Isn't it wonderful that there is such variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment