Sunday, July 24, 2011

Travel is . . .

. . .In the blood

This week my sons - three of them - were in Kansas City, Washington, DC an Las Vegas respectively. The first two cities were business trips, Las Vegas? Not so much. They inherited the traveling gene from me. None of us ever really complain about travel. Even in this time and place.

I leave early in the morning for a short trip to Indianapolis to plan for a convention to take place their next year.

I realized today that after three or four months of practically back-to-back trips, I'd been home for a month. It was a month ago that I walked off Allure of the Seas with my son, daughter-in-law and three grandkids. It was a great trip, a wonderful cruise on a wonderful ship. (And I did need a rest when I came home.)

But I guess that old Dalmatian fire dog and I respond similarly. I know the next few days will be full (and probably very hot) but I am looking forward to going to Indy, to making plans for the meeting and even the joy of flying!

I've another short trip planned for later August and a third in September and am weighing a couple of other options. It is addictive, I know. I watch as friends agonize over packing and am fairly casual about the process myself.

I know the day will come when it will not be fun, but until then, Indy here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment